One of the best ways of getting followers on Instagram is to have a giveaway! It doesn’t matter if you have 2, 2000 or 200K followers – it works for anyone. Everyone loves free stuff and everyone wants free stuff. Here’s a few tips on hosting the perfect giveaway:
1. Find someone to partner up with – Look for an ambassador or another brand to work with, preferably one that has more followers than you. If you have questions about finding an influencer, read more here. I have done giveaways with both people and brands. Think outside the box. I’ve worked with other jewelry brands, clothing brands and even home decor brands, all work great!
2. Choose your product wisely – Pick something you know your followers will love. It should be something that you are proud of and that you think represents your brand in a good way – it’s important to not only to choose what you like but also listen to your followers and people around you – what products are they interested in? You will get a better hit ratio and follower count if you choose something that you know they’ll enjoy. Also (and this is important) choose a product you can afford to give away for free.
3. Follow you, follow me, and tag two friends – I think the best giveaway format is as follows: Follow me, follow the other person/brand in the giveaway and tag two friends in the comment field. Works every time!
4. Timing is important – Don’t keep your submissions open for too long. It’s important to think about timing – in this case it’s actually not the longer the better, but somewhere in between. I think 2-3 days is a great time period; it lets you post while the giveaway is underway and you’ll have time to add more content and see if your new followers find you interesting enough to keep following after the giveaway is done.
5. Update regularly – Keep posting new pictures in between reminders. This increases the chances that your existing followers won’t get bored. Some of the new followers will drop off. That’s just the way it works, so don’t panic. At the end of the day, you’ll have gained a new audience, and that’s what really matters!
Read more on the subject: